ADVANCED CARDIOVASCULAR LIFE SUPPORT COURSE
The Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Course is crafted to instruct healthcare professionals who provide care during respiratory and cardiovascular emergencies such as cardiac arrest, pulmonary arrest, myocardial infarction, and stroke.
While all healthcare professionals who care for patients should be current with ACLS techniques and principles, groups who will be most interested in this course are:
- Emergency Medical Services (EMTs)
- First Responders
- Physicians and PA’s esp. Emergency Medicine, Critical Care, Trauma
- House Staff/Interns/Residents
- Registered Nurses
- Licensed Practical Nurses
- Nurse Practitioners/Doctors of Nursing Practice
Most hospitals, medical centers, and group practices require all staff to at least have BLS certification and many require ACLS certification, in addition.
Our Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Course (and those from the AHA), provide training on virtually every aspect of acute resuscitation. The examination requires knowledge of ACLS that may be beyond your practice parameters. For instance, nurses who take the ACLS examination will be expected to know the proper medication for a given situation, even though the order will likely come from a physician. The American Heart Association and our professionals agree that anyone responding to a code blue should have the same basic knowledge set. Responders and providers should be able to work seamlessly as a cohesive team during this critical, stressful time.
ACLS certification is valid for two years. Certification renewal is required to stay current with advances in resuscitation science.
We continually update our training materials to stay current with guidelines from:
- The American College of Cardiology
- The American Heart Association
- The American Red Cross
- The Australian and New Zealand Committee on Resuscitation
- The European Resuscitation Council
- The European Society of Cardiology
- The Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada
- The Resuscitation Council of Asia
- The Resuscitation Councils of Southern Africa
Click here for CME Information for all courses.