ADVANCED CARDIOVASCULAR LIFE SUPPORT CERTIFICATION
The Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support certification course builds on the foundation of our BLS certification and assumes basic knowledge in several areas. It is recommended the learner has sound knowledge of the following areas before beginning the ACLS course:
- BLS skills
- ECG rhythm recognition
- Airway equipment and management
- Adult pharmacology including the common drugs and dosages used in resuscitation
Our ACLS course provides education on virtually every aspect of acute resuscitation. Our goal is to teach medical professionals in an innovative learning experience that helps to enhance the systems of care that save lives.
Who should take this course?
The ACLS certification course is designed for healthcare professionals who either direct or participate in the management of cardiovascular emergencies such as cardiac arrest, pulmonary arrest, myocardial infarction, and stroke. This includes physicians, physician assistants, registered nurses, nurse practitioners, CRNA’s, paramedics, medical students, dentists, among other healthcare professionals.
Being ACLS certified will help you feel confident when responding to a code and providing lifesaving care when it matters most.
What does this course teach?
- BLS and ACLS surveys
- Management of ACS and stoke
- Airway management
- Related pharmacology
- ACLS cases for specific disorders
- Post-cardiac arrest care
- Team dynamics and effective communication
We continually update our curriculum to stay current with guidelines from:
- The American College of Cardiology
- The American Heart Association
- The American Red Cross
- The Australian and New Zealand Committee on Resuscitation
- The European Resuscitation Council
- The European Society of Cardiology
- The Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada
- The Resuscitation Council of Asia
- The Resuscitation Councils of Southern Africa