Online Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification for Healthcare Providers
The Basic Life Support course educates learners to recognize several life-threatening emergencies and to respond appropriately, including instructions for cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and the use of automated external defibrillators (AEDs). The course also covers relief of choking, with interventions such as the Heimlich maneuver and back blows/chest thrusts. BLS course curriculum includes treatment guidelines for infants, children, and adults.
Who should take this course?
The BLS certification course is designed for healthcare professionals including physicians, physician assistants, registered nurses, nurse practitioners, paramedics, pharmacists, physical therapists, dentists, medical students, among other healthcare professionals. The BLS course is also suitable for other personnel who need to know how to perform CPR such as athletic trainers, teachers, coaches, lifeguards, and social workers.
Basic Life Support saves lives, but everyone needs to know how to perform CPR in a wide variety of in-facility and prehospital settings. Being certified in BLS will help you feel confident to respond with high-quality life support when needed.
What does this course teach?
- High-quality CPR for adults, children, and infants
- Initiate the chain of survival as soon as a possible problem is identified
- Initiate immediate high-quality chest compressions for any victim
- Provide early defibrillation with an automated external defibrillator (AED) when one is available
- Initiate rescue breathing when respiration is inadequate
- Perform BLS as an effective team member during multi-rescuer CPR
- Relieve a choking episode in adults and infants