ACLS Medical Training Scholarship Program
You are already dedicating your life to helping those in need. Why not do something to help yourself?
We invite you to enter the ACLS Medical Training Scholarship Program. We will select one top award winner who will receive a $1,000 unrestricted scholarship (unrestricted means you can buy pizza with the award instead of books if you want—the check is in your name).
The two runners-up will receive one complimentary pass to the ACLS Medical Training certification program of their choice (BLS, ACLS, or PALS) valued at $275.
ACLS Medical Training is interested in hearing how you think about providing emergency medical care. You are entering a profession in which you may be called upon to provide basic life support, advanced cardiovascular life support, or pediatric advanced life support. Are you excited? Is this scary? How will you handle the situation when the time comes? If you have already performed lifesaving techniques, what was it like? Did you use the skills you were taught? There are no correct answers—we are looking for honest, compelling essays.
What do I write about?
Write an essay, between 500 and 1000 words, on one the following topics:
- If you have assisted someone in a life support situation, describe your role in the process, the emotions or feelings that you experienced, and how the situation was resolved.
- If you have not assisted someone in a life support situation, describe how you have prepared (mentally and/or physically) to respond when the event arises. Consider and describe what it might be like to provide basic or advanced life support in an emergency.
How do I Enter?
- Write the essay in Microsoft Word file format (doc or docx)
- Entries with typos or grammatical errors will not be considered
- Submit the essay as an attachment in an email to email@example.com
- The filename should include your first initial, last name, and your school name
- For example, John Smith who attends nursing school in Austin would use this filename: JSmith_UniversityofTexasatAustin
In your email, include
- Full name
- Name of school
- Type of program (e.g., dental school)
- Email address
- Home address
- Telephone number (we won’t call unless you win)
- Submission deadline is 11:59 pm EST on December 31st, 2016.
Who is Eligible?
- Any high school senior or college student is eligible to apply. Preference to those currently enrolled in a nationally accredited
- Nursing school
- Medical school
- Pharmacy school
- Dental school
- Respiratory therapy program
- Paramedic program
- Emergency medical technician program
- Must not be an employee of or immediately related to any employee of ACLS Medical Training
- All entries become the sole property of ACLS Medical Training and cannot be returned to the entrant
- ACLS Medical Training reserves the right to require proof of enrollment at a qualifying academic institution prior to issuing an award
- One entry per person per contest year
- Void where prohibited